Trading Journal – 15th January 2019

DXH19 – Heading towards the 200 DMA? 93.77 is the current marker, waiting to see for the reaction but I would have to think it’s a buy if any of the scenarios come off, aside from a huge *and sustained* share market rally. A deal with China could do just that. Price still drifting lower, I would think based on the momentum it’s probably a sell here in the very short term – but is selling into an uptrend a good idea? no. Waiting for the buy.

E6H19 – The Euro is still holding above 1.14. Looks like my options will expire worthless at this stage. I’ve left a limit order to sell if there is a spike to cover my cost. If the market breaks through 1.16 then it could quickly go higher, it has been consolidating sideways for quite some time.

B6H19 – The price continues higher, the 200 DMA is at 1.3282 probably the short term target.

GCG19 – Obviously I’m biased (being long) but at this stage just another pull back in the uptrend it looks like. I want to buy more call options but it could move against me. Don’t invest more until it shows a return.

SIF19 – Another very positive day for silver. Could this be a break out?

PLH19 – the pullback did happen after the break out on the big bullish candle and I got filled on my buy order at 812 but stopped out towards the end of the session at 801.50.

HGH19 – bought two copper put options each at 0.0115 and 0.100 (multiplier USD 25k) with a 2.50 and 2.49 strike respectively and 20 days to expiry. Seems to be coming off the short term rally after peaking on the 9th.

SBH19 – Not something I want to get involved in at the moment.

CCH19 – cocoa seems to be losing the battle, see if the medium term averages can halt the slide.

KCH19 – still finding support at the old low but looks to be fading now.

OJH19 – OJ overall not looking good.more likely to continue lower.

CTH19 – The bounce is weakening already.

LSH19 – I have been waiting on 300 for the price of lumber to reach but it’s possible though we may have just seen a higher low. I’ll only know once we reach the previous short term High around 375. The price is finding support around 325 at the moment so I’m not sure if the deep down to 300 was just temporary but certainly the moving averages are starting to flatten out.

ZWH19 – still sideways.

ZCH19 – no real pattern aside from a broad range trading between 400 and 360. So that would say buy at 360 and sell at 400.

ZSH19 – I took profit on this one at 924. The price seems at a cross roads and it is not clear who is going to prevail. Wait until there’s a clear winner and then get back on board.

ZMH19 – indecisive. Big failure on the 10th of January.

ZOH19 – nothing at the moment for me. Price is being being supported at the 100 DMA which is possibly a good sign – this is the first time since September the price has broken through the 100 DMA which was back at 254. I never did price those 300 strike call options up. Would have been a good trade but not to be this time – you do get paid to do the work.

RSH19 – the price bounced off 470 again

CLG19 – Following the huge volume in the last 15 sessions I think there is a good chance of the price drifting back down again. The previous high was 53.31, which is too far away now to get short.

NGG19 – Looks like I missed this one, probably would have been one of the biggest one day moves in my career. Was long at 2.98 and the price has exploded to 3.59!!! still without knowing the future I’m still glad I didn’t leave myself exposed to getting caught in the middle of a wash zone.

LEG19 – Looking a lot more like a genuine move now. Break higher on big volume after a consolidation.

DYH19 – still not getting to the 40 day moving average.

ESH19 – I moved my entry order to sell at 2595 with a stop just above 2600 up to an entry of 2615 and a stop at 2640 to avoid what happened on the Nasdaq for comparable levels, however I’m not sure it’s going to get there.

NQH19 – Put an entry order to sell at 6618 (the 40 DMA) and a stop at 6630. I got stopped out on this second attempt to get short on Wednesday. Think maybe I should buy a very short term option, like 2 or 3 days to expiry as a better stop. Still I have only paid $450 across both trades, so they are relatively tight stops.

Action:
– after writing each entry, check whether I need to add an action to my list
– investigate cost of short term options on volatile NQ contract.
– review my daily journal for action items I have missed before sending it.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s